Wednesday 31 July 2013

I Write Because It's Not A Crime To Kill Someone On Print

A Mission Through Writing
Today, while I was reading something, I sort of interviewed myself as a weird random question popped out of my head. Why do I write? And I instantly had an answer to this question my mind erupted out of curiosity. I write because it is not a crime to kill someone on print. I write mostly about social issues and I just had to pen my thoughts down when something is troubling from within and when my mind forces its thoughts out of my head through words onto my computer screen. It's almost like a need of mine that I have to satisfy when I find the urge and inspirations to write. I feel that there are a lot of things that are just not right around us and I think that it is not worth of a small discussion between a group of colleagues or within family members. We do the talking and forget about the urgency or seriousness of the issue. There are also moments when I just feel like strangling someone or a group of people from our society to death which I obviously can't afford to do. So I resort to writing and letting the rage out on my blog. For me, emotions fuel the drive within me to write and when I am in the right frame of mind to write, words come easy and flows well to make a complete article. 

One of the reasons why I feel everyone should write is because words speak louder than us. I feel the messages we have in our writing reaches wider group of readers. Writing is powerful and it spreads my thoughts all around the WORLD. On another hand, it also gives me a pleasure knowing that my messages reach the 'intended' people and they can't do about it much. Every time I get a negative comment suggesting disapproval about something I write, I know that it has affected someone and probably it is them who I am referring to on my post which has prompted them to react such way. It is true that if you have never earned at least one enemy in your whole life time, you have not been doing something right. Last but not least, I also believe that your writing lives longer than you. Shakespeare is still living today because of his majestic writing. 

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? (Sonnet 18)
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I will be checking the comments and replying soonest possible. If you like what I write, subscribe to my blog here http://bit.ly/subscribe_my_blog to receive a notification when I publish a new post. Don't forget to subscribe to the comment replies to stay connected with the discussion in this blog.