Sunday 21 July 2013

Grow Your Blog Audience: Enable 3rd Party Commenting System


Updates:
I found that my G+ friends could not drop their comments via G+ on my blog when I enabled Disqus a few weeks back so I contacted the Support at Disqus regarding that and their response was:
Hi Jasveena,
To clarify, although users can connect their Google account with their Disqus account, they cannot comment with their Google Plus account at this time. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Brittany - Product Support Disqus 

As a blogger for the past three months, I am keen on updating my blog to be appealing to my readers as well as Search Engines. In order to take blogging into the next level, one should do Search Engine Optimisation to his or her blog. Now many bloggers have great contents on their blog and some even get thousands of visitors a month. It is a sad case if you don't make an effort to learn about blogging further when some people out there are mastering blogging tricks and bringing their blogs on the first page of Google thus being a blogger by profession.

I have always wanted to have my Facebook friends and Twitter followers commenting on my blog. Most of the time, when I have not published any new post, I would still be getting a decent amount of audience on my blog on my popular articles. I know they are not from G+, so they are not able to comment on my blog or like the post. So I enabled Disqus thread on my blogger account. With this, I hope more readers would be engaged on my thoughts via my posts. 

For Disqus to work you should disable G + comment system.  All you should do is to create an account an install the widget via their easy-install method on http://disqus.com/

I hope this work for you and do let me know if you like the changes on my blog. 

22 comments:

  1. I would love to get your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just installed disqus too, but I don't think it is working properly. It is showing that the last comments were made 2 months ago (should show comments made last week). I haven't received any comments this week.



    I also signed up for the affiliate plan, but I don't see it in the comment section. I do see yours though. Guess I'll keep trying to work out the "bugs!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment. installing this wasn't easy! your comments made earlier on Google + will NOT appear on Disqus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using disqus too. Looks good! I'm glad you got it working

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey what's your blog add, short guy story? Thanks!! finally working

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just figured out what was wrong! I had to uncheck a box in my blogger comments settings. It appears to work now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shortstoryguy.com

    Were you using google plus comment system before?

    Oddly I was thinking of switching from disqus to google or fb commenting because they seem to provide the value of share ability ... Although I like disqus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we made the same mistake. Do you think disqus adds value to the commenting system?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I was. it is true it has the sharing ability but then only limited to G+.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the visual aspects of it - following a conversation (like the one we are having) is much easier. I'm hoping it does not frighten my visitors too much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. same here. So we are on Disqus for the first day together. I am watching how it goes. I have a friend who says when he was trying to comment via G+ account here, Disqus asked for email and name or something so he didn't comment. I think he has mistaken it for spam or something. It is just log in requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just posted a reply to you on G+, but it did not yet appear here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I believe the box we unchecked created that problem. It looks like we can use G+ or Disqus, but not both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey there, I will have to ask the guy who helped me out today about this. !! I googled about this issue and found out a guy having a blog on blogging tips. he helped me out with Disqus today. but then, it just needs G+ account to comment here. so I wonder why it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm commenting here via G+ :D I signed in via G+ just now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm, I wonder why it worked for you and not for us? I will try to figure it out too, but I have to go for now. Please let me know what you come up with and I will do the same. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. its bedtime here too. surely I will let you know :d

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im not sure I need to ask people around if they could actually comment. strange thing is I am commenting here after getting connected to my G+ account

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let a few other people try it...with so many devices out there the problem might not be on your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. im going to watch the traffic flow from now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I will be checking the comments and replying soonest possible. If you like what I write, subscribe to my blog here http://bit.ly/subscribe_my_blog to receive a notification when I publish a new post. Don't forget to subscribe to the comment replies to stay connected with the discussion in this blog.