Monday 8 July 2013

Marybeth's Final Journey: Coping With Loss of Loved-Ones to Cancer

If you want to know how exciting and awe-inspiring, yet at the same time bewildering and frightening different cultures can be subscribe to this blog via email to get notified every time a new post is published.

I have been enjoying making video book trailers for authors who are have published their books and about to publish their books. The one thing I'm happy about doing these trailers is the fact that the books are remarkably amazing and the ones I have made so far mostly come from the self-help category. The previous trailer was about a man who survived drug abuse and harsh environments where he was brought up. He chooses to make a book out of his life in the hope that it could someday save a life or change a person into a new leaf. 
This week, I had a great opportunity to work with Ronda Rockwell, a soulful person who wrote the book ''Marybeth's Final Journey". This book is about Ronda's mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer and it tells you how the family handled the difficult situation and embracing the final few weeks left with Marybeth. It was Marybeth's desire to have this book shared with everyone so help families facing similar situations cope with the loss of parents or loved-ones due to cancer and any other illness.


Ronda Rockwell shares with us some of the interesting stuffs about her. 

Describe yourself in five words – Passionate, Compassionate, Loving, Artistic, Sunshine

What fact about yourself would really surprise people? That I have 3 grandsons already

How do you work through self-doubts and fear?  With “I can do or overcome anything” attitude


What scares you the most? heights


What makes you happiest? My husband and family

Why do you write? To share experiences and because I love writing

Have you always enjoyed writing?  yes


What motivates you to write? Feelings of experiences, to help others and to share


What writing are you most proud of? .Marybeth’s Final Journey- for my Mama


What are you most proud of in your personal life? Choosing to change my life at 39. I needed happiness for myself, my kids and my mom (she lived with me). I chose to divorce after 17 years and now I am married to my soul mate Ron.


What books did you love growing up? All types. Non-fiction, fiction, suspenseful, self help

What do you hope your obituary will say about you? Ronda was a wonderful wife, mom, Nana and philanthropist. She changed lives for the better.

Location and life experiences can really influence writing, tell us where you grew up and where you now live? I grew up in San Diego, Ca. As a teen I lived in Pacific Beach, moved to Ocean Beach as an adult.  I moved away from San Diego a couple times and returned to my home city. There is no place so beautiful and full of different cultures and people.

How did you develop your writing? I wrote since I was in school. I wrote in journals. I have always wrote poetry as well.

What is hardest – getting published, writing or marketing? Hmmm, I became an indie publisher, writing comes with ease, I will say marketing. It’s not just writing the book and getting published. It’s how you market yourself to get the book out there.

 What marketing works for you? Word of mouth, internet, and soon a book tour

 Do you find it hard to share your work? No.

 Is your family supportive? Do your friends support you? Oh yes they are!

 What else do you do, other than write? Photography, a variety of art mediums, I currently work as a Contract Administrator for a large firm.

 What other jobs have you had in your life? Cashier, Store window decorator, Property Manager, Project Coordinator, Relationship Consultant and Project Administrator

 If you could study any subject at university what would you pick? Nuclear Medicine

 If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? San Diego

Tell us about your family? I have a wonderful family, three children, three grandchildren, my husband Ron, brothers, sisters, Auntie M, Uncle J and many nieces and nephews

How do you write – lap top, pen, paper, in bed, at a desk? Laptop, sometimes anywhere and on anything if I have an idea.

How much sleep do you need to be your best? 5 hours.

Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge and thank for their support? Heather Hudson for the encouragement to share my mom’s story

Every writer has their own idea of what a successful career in writing is, what does success in writing look like to you? The best selling author…

Tell us about your new book? Why did you write it?  It is a heart-touching final journey of one family, mine, as my sweet mom Marybeth was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The story will walk you through what we experienced in our love, laughter, acceptance, spiritual awakening.

If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone dead or alive, who would you ask? Leonardo da Vinci, he was not just an artist, he was brilliant.

When you are not writing, how do you like to relax? Go to the beach

What do you hope people will take away from your writing? How will your words make them feel? I hope with this book, Marybeth’s Final Journey, that the readers feel transported into the story and that some of our experiences will be helpful insights into their own lives or with their own loved ones’ illness.

It was a pleasure working with Ronda and learning about her book that is very soon to be available in online bookstores. I am looking forward to reading this and it was an honour to interview Ronda. I have encouraged her to be a part of the Support-a-Writer community and hopefully, we could see her around soon. 

Ronda can be reached at:

Facebook – Ronda Rockwell Publishing Fan Page


What do you think about this post? I welcome your thoughts and views!

Creative Commons License


Subscribe to my blog here to be notified every time a new post is published.

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share this post around! Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I will be checking the comments and replying soonest possible. If you like what I write, subscribe to my blog here http://bit.ly/subscribe_my_blog to receive a notification when I publish a new post. Don't forget to subscribe to the comment replies to stay connected with the discussion in this blog.