Tuesday 9 April 2013

Don't Steal My Sweetness Away

If you want to know how exciting and awe-inspiring, yet at the same time bewildering and frightening different cultures can be subscribe to this blog via email to get notified every time a new post is published.

Don't Steal My Sweetness Away



Life,
Sometimes stabs you so bad,
Stomps on your heart so hard,                                                
And expects you to pretend,
Like it has never hurt you.
I am grateful,
For I know my dark past,
Should not take a toll on me,
I know my hardship shouldn't,
Change me to someone I'm not,
But pain cautions me too much,
It hardens and numbs my soul,
So that life doesn't hurt me anyway,
I was told that,
I'm sweet and kind and caring,
I make a wish tonight,
So that life doesn't steal,
My sweetness away.


What do you think about this post? I welcome your thoughts and views!

Creative Commons License


Subscribe to my blog here to be notified every time a new post is published.

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Share this post around! Share

6 comments:

  1. Nice poem. Life sometimes has a way of hardening you and making you bitter when confronted with difficulties and injustice. We need to guard against this with all our might. On another note, just so that you know, I think there is a spelling mistake in the second stanza, third line - toll has been misprinted(?) as 'tool'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugene,
      Thank you Very much for your thoughts. I guess we should never let hardship take charge of our lives and change is into something we are not! Pain should not defeat us
      I typed this right before going to need through my mobile and the auto correction is doing a bad job.thank you for letting me know this

      Delete
  2. I relate to this. Its hard to not let life harden us but we miss out on so much if it does.
    Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Good to see your feedback here. Much appreciated. We will continue living holding on to resentment of it does! Sounds pretty much like a bitter life isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Sad but sweet Jasveena. yes let us all move away from the pain to a bright future. We will always have pain but let it inspire us not drag us down, like you have in this poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long,
      Thank you very much for your attention on my writings. I have seen people changing to become evil, cruel from someone so nice.guess it's a loss. They should move out of the pain!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I will be checking the comments and replying soonest possible. If you like what I write, subscribe to my blog here http://bit.ly/subscribe_my_blog to receive a notification when I publish a new post. Don't forget to subscribe to the comment replies to stay connected with the discussion in this blog.